Rosebud & Dromana Top 5 Nature Attractions
Stretches of safe bay beaches, a slower pace and a bevy of attractions for all ages, Rosebud and Dromana are a delightful escape for weekday-weary Melbournians. Just an hour’s drive from the CBD, it is a welcome respite from the bustle of the city. From stunning views to meandering parks to scenic play areas, Rosebud and Dromana boast some of the best nature features on the Mornington Peninsula coupled with its perfect backdrop of the bayside coastline throughout.
We asked our hockingstuart Rosebud/Dromana local experts to share their favourite spots:
- Arthur’s Seat Eagle: If you have ever dreamed of soaring like an eagle over the majestic landscape of the Mornington Peninsula, Arthur’s Seat Eagle gondola ride is just the ticket. It is a smooth ride to the top, offering exhilarating 360 views the entire way up. At the summit, guests can explore nearby walks at Seawinds Gardens and take in breathtaking views while enjoying light lunch fare at The Eagle Café where they have an expansive lookout deck.
- Safety Beach: One of Mornington Peninsula’s most popular beaches for families, Safety Beach is aptly named for its calm waves and safe bayside swimming environment. Beachgoers can count on crystal clear waters, little to no rocks or algae and a long stretch of shallows which allow for mums and dads to relax in their beach chairs while the kids splash around nearby. Safety Beach is also home to a string of brightly-coloured iconic beach boxes that make it simply picture perfect.
- Heronswood Gardens: Notably on the Australian Heritage Places register, Heronswood Gardens has as much history as the sheer number of different plant species you can find throughout the property year-round. Heronswood is also home to The Diggers Club, Australia’s largest garden club with the biggest range of heirloom seeds and plants. Also part of the property is a gothic revival-style house and a “fork to fork” restaurant with a rotating weekly menu starring, of course, organic heirloom vegetables and fruit straight from the gardens.
- Rosebud Foreshore Playground: You can opt for a classic day at the beach, or you can spend an exhilarating afternoon at the Rosebud Foreshore Playground - hands-down one of the best playgrounds on the Peninsula. What makes it unique is that it is situated right on the sand with the waves lapping in just a few metres away. Fully outfitted with BBQs, picnic tables, play equipment, families can enjoy endless fun at the Foreshore Playground while staying entirely and blissfully barefoot.
- Enchanted Adventure Garden: Boasting over 50 aerial obstacles per course, bridges, giant Tarzan swing, rock climbing wall and five zip-lines linked to tree-based platforms up to 10m high, the Enchanted Adventure Garden is a mecca for thrillseekers of all ages. Set amidst a forest of tall trees, it’s easy to transport yourself to a foreign woodland wonderland while swinging from ropes and scaling rock faces.
Director of hockingstuart Rosebud/Dromana and long-time local Adam Alexander couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. "From the pristine sands of Safety Beach to the jaw-dropping vistas from Arthur’s Seat Eagle, Rosebud and Dromana have such a diverse range of stunning natural beauty and outdoor activities that can be enjoyed any day of the week.”
Whether you’re interested in selling or just curious about the potential market in Rosebud and Dromana reach out to one of our agents at hockingstuart.
287 Point Nepean Road, Dromana VIC 3936