Richmond Top 5 Nightlife Spots
Whether it’s a Friday night or a cool Tuesday, you can always find revelers bar-hopping and enjoying after-work knock-offs in the lively scene of Richmond. Overflowing with restaurants, cocktail bars and live music venues, Richmond has a bustling scene that is full of energy seven nights a week. A quick stroll down Swan Street will reveal a mix of sophisticated wine bars to colourful dives to late-night dancing. A diverse cultural and nightlife hot spot, Richmond is an area that provides something for everyone, whether you’re seeking a cheeky glass of wine to catch up with friends or a big night out to celebrate the end of the work week.
We asked our hockingstuart Richmond local experts to share their favourite spots:
- Harlow Richmond on Church St: Locals love to recall that this pub was the Old Great Britain. After its renovation, the OGB got a brand new face and atmosphere when it officially became Harlow. The regulars still haunt this joint, mingling with the well-heeled masses that seek signature brews, cocktails and BBQ at this comfortable and cosy spot.
- Hanoi Hannah on Swan St: Serving up Asian-fusion eats and electric cocktails, Hanoi Hannah is a casual go-to spot for friends to grab some share plates of Vietnamese-style ribs and sip some cocktails. Always busy with a fun atmosphere, it’s a great place to start the night if you are looking to keep the energy up.
- Mt View Hotel Pub on Bridge Rd: Legendary chicken parmies, footy on the TVs, craft cocktails and beer - what more can you ask for? This classic older-style spot is a locals’ favourite for enjoying great pub food while watching the big games. Psst - it also has an expansive rooftop with enviable city views and its very own bar which they tout as one of Melbourne’s best kept secrets.
- Fargo on Swan St: If you’re looking to loosen up on the weekend and go dancing, Fargo is the place to be on Saturdays when the DJ is spinning. Formerly an old bank in a heritage building, the vaulted ceilings and multi-level space gives a grand vibe to this mega-bar. Whether you’re looking to cosy up with a date or dance with your squad, Fargo is a must for locals looking to make some new friends.
- Bouzey Rouge on Bridge Rd: One of Richmond’s brightest gems, Bouzey Rouge is a beloved spot for many for its delicious cuisine and cocktail menu in an atmosphere that can only be described as “Old World Glamour”. You can always find a mix of young and old enjoying a quiet night catching up with friends and lovers at this stylish European-inspired spot featuring tapas and an expertly curated wine list.
hockingstuart Richmond’s Property Department Manager Jo Leonardis is a true Richmond local and you can often find her and the team at many of these venues. “I live in Richmond, and I can honestly say that Richmond is versatile and so diverse. You can eat, drink, have a casual night out or enjoy the party nightlife to suit your desires!”
Whether you’re interested in selling or just curious about the potential market in Richmond, reach out to one of our agents at hockingstuart.
515 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121