Mornington Peninsula Top 5 Wineries
(header image courtesy of Montalto Winery by Karen Photography)
Just an hour’s drive from Melbourne where you can meet the sea in nearly every direction, the Mornington Peninsula is a popular destination for interstate suburbanites and city-dwellers alike. While the Peninsula is well-known for its unique offerings such as the Peninsula Hot Springs - Australia’s very first geothermal springs, the brightly-coloured beach boxes of Mount Martha and a mix of national parks, scenic overlooks and nature walks for wildlife viewing, the undisputed top draw of “the Ninch” is the food and wine scene. Home to over 50 cellar doors and a growing roster of award-winning restaurants, Mornington Peninsula - with its vines and fertile rolling green hills - continues to be Victoria’s focal point for some of Australia’s most celebrated winemakers and chefs year after year.
We asked our hockingstuart Mornington local experts to share their favourite spots:
(Image courtesy of Montalto Winery by Karen Photography)
- Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove in Red Hill: A family-owned and run estate winery with over 200 vineyards and 1500 olive trees, Montalto Winery offers a complete experience that includes Modern Australian fine dining incorporating seasonal produce and ingredients from their on-site garden, award-winning Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, a meandering Sculpture Trail on the grounds and breathtaking views from their deck overlooking 30 acres of sprawling vines.
(Image courtesy of Pt. Leo Estate by Anson Smart Photography)
- Pt. Leo Estate in Merricks: Described as a spectacular “visual feast”, the Pt. Leo Estate greets its guests with its Grand Arch, a waved concrete structure that both teases and invites its visitors to pause as long as they can before their curiosity overwhelms them. The sculptures continue throughout the property and sets the scene for Pt. Leo’s most discerning foodies and savvy sippers. Recipient of numerous restaurant awards, Pt. Leo is currently billed as one of Australia’s best in dining with a backdrop to match.
(Image courtesy of Polperro Winery)
- Polperro Winery in Red Hill: A meditation on the modern aesthetic of “peninsula chic”, Polperro Winery is in a class of its own. Their wine is currently produced under two separate labels, Even Keel and the eponymous Polperro, and has received many accolades through the years. Guests often delight at the collaborative synergy between the wine varietals and the inventive menu offerings at their celebrated restaurant.
(Image courtesy of Ten Minutes by Tractor)
- Ten Minutes by Tractor in Main Ridge: Comprised of three family-owned vineyards, all ten minutes apart by tractor, Ten Minutes by Tractor is a locally-beloved winery with a proud heritage and forward-thinking vision in its wine-making as well as their degustation menus which have been awarded the coveted designation of two Hats. The alluring elegance of its restaurant venues invites many special occasions - from milestone birthdays to anniversaries to joyous gatherings any day of the week.
- Mont Rouge Estate in Red Hill: French-inspired with a friendly atmosphere, Mont Rouge Estate is the perfect place to enjoy a casual afternoon with light lunch fare featuring local produce and seasonal star ingredients. Wine enthusiasts can consistently expect to find a relaxing ambiance without the fanfare at Mont Rouge Estate.
Long-time local and hockingstuart Mornington’s Administrator Nola English states, “There are so many fabulous places to visit on the Mornington Peninsula. You could go somewhere new every weekend for years and still find a new adventure and make new memories.”
Whether you’re interested in selling or just curious about the potential market in Mornington reach out to one of our agents at hockingstuart.
204 Main St, Mornington