We maintain the highest standards with documentation and communication, believing it essential to present material in a format that is well presented and contains everyday words and phrases. To help us communicate effectively with our clients, we contract the services of professionals in the areas of law, advertising and communication.
It is our practice to ensure clients understand the terminology used in contracts and we undertake to fully explain aspects that may be unfamiliar. This does not, however, constitute legal advice and we strongly advise clients to consult a legal professional on matters of law.
Considerable care is taken with the preparation of property appraisals and other relevant documentation, to ensure contents are appropriate to the particular property and presented in a clear, easily understood format.
We totally respect your privacy and will not divulge any personal information you provide us without a specific request from you to do so, or where we are required by law to reveal certain details.
You have the right to access any personal information we hold in respect of your dealings with hockingstuart.
Should you have any concerns relating to the handling of a transaction or believe any aspect of our service has not met your expectations, we would appreciate hearing from you.
In the first instance, please discuss the matter with the Director of the hockingstuart office concerned. If you are not entirely satisfied with the resolution, we ask that you inform hockingstuart's Customer Service Officer of your concerns in writing, so he or she can assist in resolving the matter.
You can contact the hockingstuart Customer Service Officer by email:
Or by post:
Customer Service Officer
hockingstuart Pty Ltd
187 Moray Street
South Melbourne 3205
hockingstuart will acknowledge your complaint and endeavour to resolve your concerns as soon as possible. Please ensure you provide as much detail as possible about the nature of your complaint or dispute, including the outcome you would like to achieve.
Our Customer Service Officer will oversee the complaints process and liaise with you and the relevant staff member/s or office Director/s to ensure the issues raised are fully examined and your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.
In the unlikely event that the matter cannot be satisfactorily resolved, you may refer your concerns to the Estate Agents Resolution Service at the Department of Consumer Affairs (1300 737 030) or the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (1300 018 228).
We are committed to:
- Providing our clients with professional, helpful, timely and friendly service
- Respecting the rights and dignity of all clients
- Complying with the relevant state and federal legislation applying to real estate industry practice
- Responding to personal, telephone and electronic enquiries promptly, providing market-related price estimates and advice based on statistical information, market intelligence and our extensive knowledge of the real estate market
- Preparing documentation relating to sales and rentals accurately, promptly and in accordance with relevant industry guidelines or statutory requirements
- Maintaining the highest industry standards with all advertising material and publications
- Maintaining a technologically advanced internet site - www.hockingstuart.com.au - that presents credible, accurate and informative real estate market information in a user-friendly format
- Providing registered members of early alert with detailed information that meets their specific criteria promptly